Recently I published an article about my wonderful experience using a Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Maker (and if you have not entered that giveaway yet, then let this serve as a reminder!). In addition to making tons of delicious flavors of yogurt, I have also started making yogurt cheese with the Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker (and very soon one of you – my readers – will get your very own yogurt cheese maker in our giveaway!). Who knew that yogurt was so deliciously versatile? You can use yogurt cheese in place of mayonnaise, cream cheese or sour cream. So you get all of the healthy probiotic benefits of yogurt in a low-fat healthy cheese spread.
Using the Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker could not be any easier. You simply place the mesh insert (shown on the right in the photo above) into the white plastic container (shown on the left in the photo above). Add 3 cups of yogurt to the mesh strainer, snap the lid on top of the plastic container and put it in the fridge. In 2 hours, you will have a thick yogurt cream and in 24 hours you will have a thick yogurt cheese that can be used in place of cream cheese or other fattening ingredients like mayonnaise and sour cream. The only additional step that I would suggest is that during the 24 hour period, it is best to empty out the liquid that gets strained from the yogurt a few times. Also, if you are in a pinch, you do not have to wait the full 24 hours. You will notice that the yogurt becomes thick even after just 8-9 hours (which is basically waiting overnight).
Just to get your mouth-watering and to fill your mind with ideas, here are some of the things that I have made so far with my Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker. I made many different Yogurt Cheese Spreads by mixing different herbs, vegetables and even fruits into my yogurt cheese. For example, instead of french toast stuffed with strawberry cream cheese, I made a french toast stuffed with strawberry yogurt cheese by mixing some pureed strawberries into my yogurt cheese. More of a savory person? Then, finely dice some vegetables (like bell peppers, carrots, chives, etc.) in your food processor or by hand, mix it with some yogurt cheese, and you have the perfect healthy substitute for vegetable cream cheese. If you are not a spread person, then you can also use yogurt cheese in chicken salad or tuna salad because it is much healthier than using mayonnaise. I have a major sweet tooth, so I am thrilled whenever I can figure out a way to make one of my family’s favorite desserts healthier. I made a cheesecake with half low-fat cream cheese and half yogurt cheese, and it came out perfect. I even substituted half of the cream cheese with yogurt cheese in my Banana Cupcakes with Yogurt Cheese Frosting Recipe (the delicious results are shown in the photo above)! If you are looking for ways to sneak some extra healthy probiotics into your family’s diet, while cutting back on fat and calories, you definitely need to check-out the Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker!
How to Enter the Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker Giveaway:
Where to Buy the Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker: You can buy one here: Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker
How to Win: You can win a Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker by visiting the Cuisipro Website and leaving comment below with your favorite product on their site! You must do this before doing any of the extra entries listed below.
Extra Entries: Each of the following will give you a certain number of EXTRA entries into the giveaway, so do as many of the following as you would like! Good luck everyone!
1. Subscribe to my updates via e-mail by clicking here: Subscribe to Opinion Queen by Email, confirm the subscription, and leave a comment below to let me know that you have subscribed to my e-mails (or tell me if you already are). (2 entries)
2. Tweet about my giveaway with a link to my site, and leave a comment below with a link to your tweet. You can do this every day! (2 entries)
3. Make your facebook status about my giveaway with a link to my site, and leave a comment below with a link to your page. You can do this every day! (2 entries)
4. Grab my Banner in the right sidebar and post it on your website (or tell me if it is already there)! (3 entries)
5. Add a link to OpinionQueen.com from your blog or website, and leave a comment below with a link to where you added the link. (3 entries)
6. Follow me on twitter: TheOpinionQueen and then leave a comment below with your twitter name. (2 entries)
7. Tell everyone about this giveaway on Digg, Stumble, in a forum, meme, Google Buzz, blog it, or any other social networking place (2 entries for each one that you do!)
8. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway product review post on my site and leave a comment below to let me know what you commented on. (1 entry)
The winner will be selected on December 14 through a random number generator and contacted via e-mail. If there is no response from the winner within 3 days, then another winner will be selected. Only US Residents are eligible for this giveaway.